What is the IGF Code of Conduct?
- Treat all members of the IGF community equally, irrespective of nationality, gender, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, disability, age, or sexual orientation; all stakeholders of the IGF community should treat each other with civility, both face to face and online.
- Act in a reasonable, objective and informed manner when participating in and/or using any IGF discussion platform.
- Listen and respect the views of all stakeholders when considering IGF policy issues. The IGF is a multistakeholder environment and those who take part in IGF meetings and inter-sessional activities should acknowledge the importance of all stakeholders and seek to understand their points of view.
- Facilitate transparency and openness when participating in Internet governance-related policy discussions.
- Act fairly and in good faith with other participants in IGF processes.
- Promote ethical and responsible behavior. Ethics and integrity are essential, and the IGF expects all stakeholders to behave in a responsible and principled way.
Failure to adhere to the above guidelines and principles may result in removal from IGF Secretariat-hosted activities.