What is the WSIS-SDG Matrix?
This matrix draws direct linkages of the WSIS Action Lines with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to continue strengthening the impact of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) for sustainable development.
The goal is to create a clear and direct link and an explicit connection between the key aim of WSIS – harnessing the potential of ICTs to promote and realize the development goals – and the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda, to contribute to the realization of the SDGs.
Each UN Action Line Facilitator has analyzed the connections and relations of their respective Action Line with the proposed SDGs and their targets.
WSIS Action Lines include:
- C1: role of government and stakeholders in development
- C2: information and communication infrastructure
- C3: access to information and knowledge
- C4: capacity building
- C5: building confidence and security in use of ICTs
- C6: enabling environment
- C7: ICT applications in government, business, learning, health, employment environment, agriculture, science
- C8: cultural diversity, linguistic diversity, and local content
- C9: media
- C10: ethical dimensions
- C11: international and regional cooperation
To learn how the SDGs are incorporated into the matrix, visit: https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/sdg/Content/wsis-sdg_matrix_document.pdf
Source: United Nations World Summit on the Information Society www.wsis.org